Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tube meshing

QSQCaito

Hello guys I'm new to this forum, but I have been reading it for a long time. I'm designing a chassis for a car with SW2008, also using cosmos 2008. Im using square tube 20x20 and I'm having big trouble with the meshing. With tubes in angles and that kind of stuff I only get trouble. Is there any trick to solve this problem??

If you need the sw file just ask for it.

Thanks a lot in advance, keep up the good work

Meshing is the ultimate model checker. Any little imperfection will stop the mesh.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

How are you modeling your frame ... surfaces or geometry? Is it an assembly or part?

If it is not a solid part then the first test you should do is to see if you can combine all the bodies. Next add fillets to everything. If either of these give your trouble then it

I have accquired SolidWorks quite recently. And my SW knowledge is the tubing tutorial, COSMOS pdf, and there is where my knowledge ends :p It's all one part. I can't really understand what you mean with surfaces or geometry :(

I create the tubes and in some intersections of around 5 tubes, I can create all in one, so I do it in parts, and all tubes get up one another, and I cut them.

Once I managed to put 5 tubes together, all of a sudden COSMOS can't create a mesh of another tube(which would get meshed before) that has nothing to do with the tubes I've modified. I've also read about meshing options, but the tutorial I got was for another types of structure.

The only thing I've changed in mesh options is that I put the squares to the smaller, since I have a fast computer, at least it could solve some problems

Here's the solidworks file if anyone wants to see. If you have any contributionto make mesh easier, any configuration is more than welcome.

thanks from advanced, caito.

http://www.4shared.com/file/53969335/a4b4647b/Chasis_Cobra_F ORUM.html

Edited by: QSQCaito

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back