Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Contraining faces issue

first you need to click the " move component" button instead of just moving the parts as you normally would. Then in the menu on the left, select " collision detection" and then check the " stop at collision" box. This should stop the part that you are moving when it encounters another surface. Doesn't always work, could just be how I modelled the one part... Will have issues if there are already intersecting parts when you start the movement. Hope that helps.

nope dont work

smiley19.gif

COSTWALL give you the good way.

If don't work, maybe SW give you a message like this: "Part is in colision; STOP at colision is disabled". This message tell you that 2 parts IN ALL ASSEMBLYare in colision. Not necesary the parts you want. To check the colision between 2 certain parts check THIS PARTS ONLY and select the parts you are interested. Now should be work.

Hope you understand what I say because my english is not very good.

Good luck !

Mihail

smiley19.gif

Still not working. It stops at collision whilst the option box is open but as soon as I click the tick the part no longer stops at collision.

Yes. Is true and is OK.It is not your mistake.

Now I think I understand what you want. :)

Try mate the partsusing an ADVANCED MATE "distance". Set MINIMUM VALUE = 0 and MAXIMUM VALUE ... what you want (be resonable !). Learn more about ADVANCED MATES from the SW's help files.

If you need more help email me the files (with explications, of course, and I try help you).

[email protected]

Mihail

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back