Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

proE being terminated..

ksboo79

i have a strange experience of proE being terminated while i'm modifying features.. it only happens once in a while, but it really irritates me.. when it happens, proE just terminates and dissappear, not a single message or warning.. anybody knows ever xperienced this and anybody knows why??

ksboo

Happens once in a while. Always has!! Usually there is no good reason, but sometimes it's cause can be traced. You have probably noticed it happening at the same time in a sequence of events. If so just try another way to meet your goal (don't fight it you will lose). One of the main causes is not enough swap space. So to minimize the occurance of this glitch, go to ControlPanel System Performance and set your virtual memory to at least 1000mb. Also make sure there is at least this much available space on your hard drive. There are also graphics problems that can cause a crash, these can be alleviated by tweaking your graphics performance, or just getting a new card. Beyond this there is really no protection, so just pay attention to what causes this to happen and avoid it.

i've had this problem too. it used to happen all the time, but for some reason it doesn't anymore. sometimes, i was idle and it still crashed. i'm not sure what the problem is. it hasn't happened for a while though. the only thing i've been doing differently is saving more often just in case. about the graphics card comment, i have a radeon 9700 and it still happened. i don't think that has anything to do with it.

Sometimes it is good to check std.err file in your working directory. It contains error code and reason why Pro/E crashed.

Although the error code is usualy meaningless one should check PTC Knowledge database and search the code within. I must say that the solution to most problems will be implemented in the next release/version, so says PTC.

Regards,

Jurij

What build are you on? Maybe you need to upgrade to the latest build. There will still always be crashes, but usually, with some exceptions the later the build is, the more stable Pro/E is.

i'm now using proe2001 datecode 430.. it's still happening. but less than when i was using datecode 100 or 280.

I think the best rout to troubleshoot theese sort of issues are to checkt he std.out and std.err files in the working directory. I recommend deleting the files before starting your Pro/E session and then working until the crash occurs (this way you will know that they were just gennerated by the crash). If you cannot find anything on your own post the messages from the files to this board.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back