Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cables

cotswall

How would I be able to model a flexible cable in solidworks? The overall application would be for a system similar to a wrecking ball.

I'm fairly new to solidworks, so don't know if this is a fairly common procedure, but I cannot figure it out.

This is something I am trying to do. My guess is that you create a cylinder of appropriate diamenter and length and then assign the material properties of the cable.

I am not using SW for the actual analysis just the geometry so when I import my model into something else I am having issues with cable attachments and such like.

Hope this helps, if you have found another way I would be interested in how you did it.

Thanks B

I am looking for similar help...I found a similar posting to which no one replied...And the reply to this thread doesn't help, being the analysis was done with different software the poster did not specify

I'm a Pro/E guy, and have been avoiding SW for its lack of capabilities...this is case and point

Hi I am using ADINA for the analysis at the moment but am probably going to switch to LSDYNA. I really rate SW for its geometry creation have you done any analysis using SW?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back