Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

need to find a new way to batch plot

gatnact

My boss has put me in charge of getting the batch plot to work the way he wants it to work. I am not having any luck. What he wants is to check out all of the drawings for a specific project, and print them out. Some of our projects consist of 20 to 50 drawings so this would take some time to accomplish. I tried to use the batch plot and came up with just a hand full of good drawings and the rest were all jacked up, like isometric views would stay and the rest of the drawing would shrink or the entire drawing would end up shrinking and placing at the top left hand corner of the sheet. I do not know to much about macros but I think there might be a way to write one to accomplish this. Or if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Hi GATNACT ! Maybe I wrong because I don't understand very well your problem (my english...).

For every part in an assembly I make, of course, a drawing.

For assembly witch are change frequently, I make 2 macros:

First macro open ALL the drawings at once. I check every drawing, I make the necesary modifications (like view and dimensions positions) and I close (with SAVE, of course)the file. In this way when the last file is closed, I am sure that all the drawings are ok.

The second macro print ALL the files at once.

Hope that help you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back