Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks on Vista

chrismann85

I've recently bought a new laptop and tried to install my version of Solidworks 2006. I have a number of errors come up when I installed it. For a start, it wouldn't open, I had to create a shortcut to the desktop and right click it and go to 'run as administrator'. Then it wouldn't parse my step file. It was just being annoying. Then when I loaded a SLDPRT file, the screen kept flickering when I'd pass the cursor over the model (its a good thing I'm not sensitive to flashing lights).

Has anyone else had a problem with Vista? how did you overcome these annoying problems?

I hate Vista!!!
smiley7.gif
but I can't downgrade to XP as my hardware is not compatable
smiley11.gif

I had the same problem with a new computer, the work around was to run virtual pcwith Win XP installed . However we upgraded to Solidworks 2008 for Vista

Just a quick note, I fixed the flickering screen problem by changin the OpenGL settings in Tools>Options>performance to use the software's OpenGL

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back