Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing issue in sheet metal

newbie123

Morning all...

I am unable to print bend-lines in my part.

I've created a pretty simple part in sheet metal with two parallel bends. When I go to print the flat pattern, I check the box for "flat pattern" and choose the down-menu thing that apparently chooses the flat pattern configuration of part.

The preview shows the bend lines with the notes (angle, radius). When I print it, the notes do print, but the bend lines do not.

Plus, if anyone know how to remove those notes, that would be helpful too.

Thanks to any responders.

I think I follow you on some of your concerns.

1) getting rid of bend notes:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

go to - Tools, Options and click the Document Properties tab

then go to Sheet Metal and to the right is a box named Bend notes

uncheck the box in there.</BLOCKQUOTE>
2) Do you see the bend lines on your drawing and they don't print? that may be a printer setting problem. let me know.

Thank you.

I can see the bend lines on the drawing sheet and in print-preview, but they don't come out on paper from the printer. (I see them in all logical places, but they won't print.)

I tried printing them on another machine, different printer, and they don't print there either.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just ignoring the issue for now...working on other parts of this mess...I'll get back to it when I have to and maybe there are other replies. Thanks.

Hi,

Not sure if this is the same problem that we regulaly have with bendlines.
I find that bendlines appear on view creation, but later dissapear on a regen. sometimes they print/appear on exported *.dxf sometimes not.

Spent ages going through, show bend-lines, hiding and showing sketches etc, and found that, bizarrely, turning sketches on, then axis on, then sketches off, then axis off, and they magically re-appear. But disappear as soon as I change the display of sketches or axis again.

Hope it helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back