Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole Callout from Hole Wizard

hhung

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with my hole callout function on drawings.

Under the Hole Wizard selection (with tapped holes) is a category of screws added in addition to the Ansi Inch/Ansi Metric/DIN/etc. we just call "Standard", where the size is #000-120. A hole shows up on my part. but when i go to make a drawing of this part, the hole callout tool only shows up with the txt. line

<MOD-DIAM><DIM><HOLE-DEPTH>3.55

I have tried to edit the hole callout file (calloutformat.txt) and added these lines

[]
** TAPPED HOLES **
TAP-BLIND=;\
<hw-threadsize> <hw-threadseries> <hw-threadclass> <HOLE-DEPTH>

do i have to do something else to solidworks to get the calloutformat to read new set of threads?

thanks

It's not the calloutformat.txt file. Something is wrong with your SolidWorks install. For example, it doesn't know where your gtol.sym file is, and there may be other issues too. It may be from a corrupt installation, or corrupt registry, or some setting you accidentally changed (assuming this is an install you've been using for awhile). I would recommend contacting your VAR. This is a fairly common issue, I think.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back