Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

begineer question

VSCID

Hi,

I am a begineer in SW animation and I had the foll. questions:

1] I have a simple rail and a carriage (sliding on the rail). WhenI call out the linear motor, the carriage slides along the rail, but doesnt stop. How do I make it stop at a particular location?

2] If I have this rail and carriage subassembly in another assembly, how do I make the carriage slide in this top level assy.?

I am using SW2006.

Please help.
smiley5.gif

hi

As new to SW.want to know how to activate mesh in suraface model to check the quality.

advance thanks

sharan

Vikesfan said:
search for "LIMIT MATES".
smiley1.gif

i tried limit mates, but it says ' model started in collided position' and nothing happened. Whats the correct way to use limit mates?

On your rail and carriage you would want to give the carriage enough mates to make it only have the linear motion. Then to control that linear motion you use advanced mates pick the Distace Mate. then enter in your maximum and minimum distance to control your linear travel. you should then be able to click on the carriage an slide it back and forth between your two limits. as for the issue with the collision. one of your parts is overlapping or "colliding with another".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back