Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks 2008 and user login problems

saverio

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum, so firstly a big hello to you all.

I have a question regarding installation of Solidworks 2008 SP0 office premium.

I am sole owner and user of the software, and it is to be installed on one machine.

Being self employed, my workstation is also the family computer.

I am running windows xp sp2, and the machine is configured as thus:

Workstation intel board running a Quadro FX4500 and 2GB memory.

Administrator (I never touch this account unless doing system stuff) - admin priveleges.

User 1 (my normal everyday user account, which is a Limited account)

User 2 (my partner's account)

I initially used the program only as the basic solidworks installation without a problem under my user 1 login, but I needed to use the scan to 3d functions only found in office premium as my client had 3d cloud point data to manipulate, so I installed the full suite

My problem is this, the program installed fine, and boots and runs fine in the administrator account. however when I use it in my day to day login, when I exit the program it says that an error occured when trying to exit it.

My files are not damaged in anyway when I reboot, and it doesn't happen when I use it in the administrator login.

Can anybody help me as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance

right, after much head scratching and clicking about, I think i've cracked it.

Essentially there is something amiss with the toolbox, which throws up a memory error 0x0af3e953 when you close down.

I disabled the toolbox within the add-ins panel and now it behaves properly. I suppose the next step is to move the toolbox onto a shared volume, my thinking being that perhaps all the while the toolbox is on the same host computer, it doesn't see it as a shared resource.

Any thoughts on this, and how one goes about doing it?

You may want to contact your re-seller; lots of problem with 2008 before sp3. Where i'm currently contracting, we're nowup tosp3, (17 seats) and it seems to have smoothed out the quirks, but everything before that was hell; 17 seats, 17 computers with daily problems for months.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back