Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Properties

Mother

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I am using 2007 at this time. Please imagine this. I have an assembly. It consists of sub-assemblies and parts. The sub-assemblies consist of sub-sub-assemblies and parts. The sub-sub-assemblies consist of parts. Now I create a drawing ofone of thebottom level parts. In this drawing I want to supply this information. 1) The next level parent assembly number and the number of these parts required for that assembly. 2) The top level assembly number and total number of these parts in the entire assembly. We do not wish to look up all this information when creating separate production prints for each individual item. We wish to reduce human error and be more productive by somewhat automating this task. I understand that I probably will be wanting to createsome VB codeto achieve this by supplying theprogrammed interfacewith the top level assembly file name and configuration assuming that this part is used in many different assemblies and their sub assemblies (such as acustom fabricated partin the design library). But what I could use at this time is knowing the proper syntax for these properties. It is obviously possible seeing that an indented bill can be created from selecting top level assemblies.

Never an easy question from me. If you can't answer then please try and refer me to the best place to get an answer. Most obliged for your help in advance.

Mother
Edited by: Mother

Try http://www.eng-tips.com/
I notice that many of the topics here have over a hundred views and maybe 1 response. Eng Q's generally answered in a few hours with the correct answer, not days or weeks.

I glean info from this site an am here more and more, but Eng people might know the answer to your question.

post in the Things forums - Solidworks 3d cad programs forum. Most of the questions from today have 10+ answers just to give you an idea of how much more traffic they have.
Edited by: skateboardkid

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back