Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

curved section view

I could not figure it out, you can only do section views using planes and you cannot make a curved plane.

You could draw your curve on a plane, extrude a surface and cut the model using the surface then save that as a drawing view?

I have to admit that I'm extremely curious as to WHY you would want a "curved" section view. This is not following any drafting standard that I'm familiar with. It would be interesting to see if you could do it, but again, I have to wonder, WHY?

Curved in what plane? Would a broken-out section view suit your needs? You can use curves to define the broken-out area.

Otherwise, you could create a new configuration in the model of your part including a cut that manually creates your section, then have most of your drawing views use the default configuration, and your curved section view use the configuration with the cut.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back