Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to make a car move on a swept surface

G

Here is another question of mine, please go to the websites and have a look at the models, I can make a car move on a flat surface, but if it is a curved surface, then my simulation fails.

http://cid-9c8e01c1b0a827b5.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!9C8E0 1C1B0A827B5!110/

For a car on a flat surface, I've used the mates below:

*tangent mates between wheel's cylinderal surfaces and the road surface;

*parallel mate between the bottom surface of the body and the road surface;

BUT if the surface is a curved surface, then no mate is applicable between the body surface and the road surface, and also it seems impossible to give the proper x-axis direction for the translation of the body.

How to solve this problem? please give me a hint. Many many thanks!!

I think that the mate PARALLEL is not necesary. For the swept surface, try to mate cyrcleS TANGENT to surface. The wheel's cylinderal surface has two cyrcles. Or... You can define a sketch CYRCLE in the middle of the wheel's cylinderal surfaces . Hope you understand my idea because my english is... Good luck !

sorry, the parallel is definitely not necessary is I add two wheels to the vehicle since balance is no longer a problem. A four-wheeled car can move on a flat surface with two tangent mates ( each on one wheel on one side), but it CAN'T on a curved surface. Could anyone show me how to define the constraints on the curved surface?

Many thanks

I have a car !!!!
smiley1.gif

Wen you say A CAR, I understand 4 wheeles, not 2.

I think that your problem is not the car and is not the mates. Your problem is the road. In your pictures the road is not a SINGLE surface. I use the SPLINE to define the surface of the road, I mate my car as you say and I simulate gravitation in the movement direction. My car work fine in this conditions but I can not solve enother problem: the wheeles NOT rotate when the car move. If you contact me at [email protected] I send you my car (There are only 860 Kb). Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back