Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Driven Dims in Assys

I don't understand very well your question, but...

1) (preferd for me) I define an equation like that: "MyDrivenDimensionName" = value (Ex: "Height" = 1870). After that I use the name of my driven dimension in other equations (MATE DISTANCE(S) or PATTERN parameters or...);

2) I sketch a line (or circle or...)with a certain length (radius ...). After that I use this line (cyrcle) especialy for equal dimensions (with my line or with the radius of my circle);

3) It is an other posibility if you use DESIGN TABLE. You can put in some cells your driven dimensions and perform calculations using EXCEL facilities.

Hope that help you but I am sure that exist many other posibilities.

Thanks for the input.

I have given my assembly model several mates. I need to move a group a specific distance. I thought I could create a driven dimension and move the components around where I need them accuratley. I remember doing this in an older version of SW. 2008 hides a few things...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back