Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Taking advantage of dual screen

mechyguy

Irecently got upgraded to a dual screen workstation and wanted to know if there's a way to fully take advantage of the setup. Ideally, I'd like to have my model display and workspace on one screen and all the toolbars, buttons, and SW Manager windows on the other. Is there a way to do that? If not, are there any suggestions to maximize the workspace?

Thanks!

I run dual moniters but I do rendering on one and modeling on the other. I Also need to keep a perfect
3/4 ratio so my 2x2 squares stay square and are not recangles. If someone else answers I would love to hear about how to do this.

skateboardkid: How do you model in one and render in the other? When I switch to photoworks, everything takes place in the same window that modeling took place in.

I also have dual monitor, and usually I have SW on one screen, and everything else (email, word docs, excel, etc.) on the other window. SW helpappears on this other window as well.

SSLaser said:
skateboardkid: How do you model in one and render in the other? When I switch to photoworks, everything takes place in the same window that modeling took place in.

I also have dual monitor, and usually I have SW on one screen, and everything else (email, word docs, excel, etc.) on the other window. SW helpappears on this other window as well.

You can drag the screens manually to whichever monitor you want or you can use a utility like multimon or ultramon.

This may not be the best way to do it, but one way I found that works well is Irestoredownthe SWwindow and drag it across the two screens to fit in the entire space. Then if I have two open files in SW, I tile vertically and each file is in its own window in SW on one of the monitors. IfI wantto switch window positions - for instance, if I want thefile on my right monitor (secondary) to go to my left monitor (primary) where all my toolbars and buttons are -I click on the secondary window and hit the tile vertically button again. This switches the two windows around.

Mech guy tech seems to work pretty well. I render in another program so that is how it is on the other screen.

I have nto seen a better technique.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back