Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

text note to big on other PC

fabien366

Hi everyone

I'm working with SW2003(WIN XP).

I have a new PC and when I open a drawing that is saved on the server, some text in the drawing is larger than before and comes outthe border of the drawing.

When I open the same drawing on another PC and fromthe same location on the server, everything is good again.

hoping somebody can help

Try to set your monitor resolution. Make the same settings like the server. For that right click in a clear area of yor desktop, -> properties -> settings. Good luck.

Thx for the reply

I've changed the monitor settings but still have the same problem, any more suggestions please ?

In SW, open the draw then: OPTIONS -> DOCUMENT PROPERTIES -> ANNOTATIONS FONT -> and, in ANNOTATION TYPE select the annotation with trouble and change the setings. Now I have one more idea:see what font is used (in your old computer)for annotation and verify if THISfont is instaled on yournew machine. Hope this help you.

I've checked the annotation font and this is correct, BUT....the text height is set to

Units : 3.5 Space : 1.0 (on the new PC = 14 Points)

On another PC those units setting are equal to 10 Points and thats the problem I think.

I've changed the resolution many times but the Units : 3.5 stays equal to 14 points.

How can I change those settings ????

thx forward

Document properties -> anonotations font -> (your note) - > from the two radio buttons choosePOINTS -> and choose from the scroll list the desiredvalue 10. Exit withOk -> Ok -> Ok.... Good luck !

Sorry ,I think I haven't explain very well my problem.

I've done it like you described it but the problem is that on the new PC a points height10 gives me a text height 3.5mm and on another PC a points height 10 gives me a text height 2.6mm

So, the problem is that if the notes on theold drawings are set to text height 2.6mm and we open this drawings on the new PC we get a text height 3.5mm and so the text comes beyond the border.

Of course, I can change the text heightto 2.6mm on the new PC but then we'll get the opposite problem, when we're opening the drawing on another PC, the text will becomes to small.

I hope I am clear enough because it aint so easy for me to explain everything in English.

thx

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back