Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Memory Error from SW FloWorks

JasonBoyer

Hey folks,

I'm doing some CFD work with Cosmos FloWorks. I can run simple problems without any issues, but when trying larger, computationally intensive operations, FloWorks generates a memory allocation error after about an hour's worth of calculations.

The actual error:

"Not enough memory to continue the calculation. Failed to allocate requested continuous memory block of 1048576 (1.00MB)"

I've gotten this error on two separate occasions, each time about 1.25GB of memory were in use (total). This is on a quad-core intel system with 4GB of memory, so I'm guessing the issue is a software configuration problem..

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason,

I used to have that problem too on my old system w/ 2gb of ram. I don't encounter it anymore with my new system w/ 12GB of DDR3 ram, but again (in case you didn't know) in order to use more than 3GB of ram you have to be using a 64-bit operating system...

Other ideas are pretty simple, cut down on any multitasking, and use a memory optimization app to help keep you ram uncluttered.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back