Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intersection Dimension

Mansoor.Ja

Hi All,

I have an doubt in drafting. In the drawing which i am working i have to provide a horizontal dimension between 2 intersection point of 2 inclined edges on both side on the component (I have applied fillet on the intersection point of two edges). Can anyone please tell me how to provide this dimension (using reference dimension) in SolidWorks. It will be a great help for me to solve this situation.

Thanks and Regards,

Mansoor

Try that !

Make a sketch (line). Make the midpoint of this line COINCIDENT with the first EGE then, the same midpoint make COINCIDENT with the second ege. Now, the midpoint of the sketced line is at the intesection of the two edges. Dimension from your line. Be carefuly at the position of your sketch ( horizontal, vertical or other position.

Hope that help you.

Don't draw on your drawing! Major mistake.

In system options, you can select how you want to select your dimensions, select the intersection option, then you can select the geometry in the view and it will place the dimension on the intersection.

DO NOT DRAW on your drawing. BAD BAD BAD...

Mihail, you should be ashamed of yourself... Your drawings will not update in future model changes...

The help file is a wonderful tool, when utilized.

GoodLuck,
smiley32.gif

TTRASER, I am a beginer. I thankyou, in advance for any advice. In this case, my drawings work well but I work hard. Pleaseshowme step by step the path in SISTEM OPTIONS. I can not find this setings. Thankyou again.

Mihail

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back