Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toolbar configuration

cloughna

Is there a config file somewhere (similar to ProE) that i can edit so that my toolbar and command manager configuration is the same whenever I open up a part/assy/drawing? This would be much easier than having to edit it to my liking each time.

Thanks in advance

Chris

opena new part file exit out of any sketches&nbs p; do the changes that you want save the part file as save as save as part template in the solidworks template folder whenever you open this as a new part, your changes will be there

I tried that, but it doesnt work. It appears that the kind of things that stick on a template are the document properties (Tools>>Options>>Document Properties) The toolbars and command manager dont seem to be carried with the template

btw, i am using SW 2006

whenever i make changes to my toolbar and command manager, they stay that way even when i exit and reopen the next time

Chris,

You could use the copy settings wizard to copy/save your settings after you have established them. You store your settings in a backup file somewhere and then use the copy settings wizard again to restore to your installation of SolidWorks.

It might be your installation is pulling the settings from a company network location. I'm not sure how to change this.

Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back