Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2D Drawings - Disconnected Table

clatron990

Is there any way I could insert an assembly ontoa sheet then create a table (similar to the bill of materials) but with no connection whatsoever to the assembly?

I.e. removing, exchanging parts of the assembly will in no way change the legend

Thanks

Jonathan

in a drawing, click insert>table>general table this can be written up any way you want&n bsp; i hope this is the answer that you are looking for

Hi

Try menu Insert->Tables->General Tables.
Or you can make an excel file and then insert in your drawing like an oject.

Nucu

Thanks for your replies...

I am currently working on SW2005 (bosses wont put their hands in their pockets!)

When I go to insert - table... it gives me these options

-Hole Table

-Bill of Materials

-Excel Based BoM (greyed out, cannot select)

-Revision Table

-Design Table (greyed out, cannot select)

-Weldment Cut List (greyed out, cannot select)

... No General Table?

you can use Bill of Materials you just have to double click on each cell to insert your information once your information is in, you can change it anytime without double clicking it will be independent of anything on your drawing

Thanks but thats the system I have been using for a while now but its not working.

Even if I click 'do not change item numbers' or 'keep missing items'... If I change the assembly it has an effect on the table on the drawing and I cannot keep checking every item every time to see if this has happened. I need something like the General Table mentioned above?

Jonathan

i don't understand that i have used this method for a long time and it has always worked, independently from the drawing views the only other thing i can think of is to right click your drawing views, click properties and make sure Keep Linked to BOM is unchecked in lower left corner

also, you might try options>document properties>detailing>Bill of Materials and uncheck Automatic update of BOM, bottom left

I go into detailing and I have...

Dimensiosn

Notes

Balloons

Arrows

Virtual Sharps

Annotations Display

Annotations Font

Tables

View Lables

I go into Tables and there are no check boxes like you have mentioned, there are...

There's a button to check for automatic updating of Hole Table?

Other than this there is nothing?

Could I input an Excel File into a Solidworks Drawing as a table?

create your template, save it to a file. when you want to insert it go about the same routine, but instead of clicking on excel, click on browse and go to the file that you saved

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back