Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Opening SW 2007 files in SW 2006

BrianJ

Howdy y'all,

I have a question regarding opening SW 2007 files in SW 2006:

I created numerous files (Parts, assemblies, sheet formats, templates) at school (Where we have SW 2007). I have SW 2006 at home and wanted to be able to open/manipulate my files from school at home. When I try it tells me that it cannot use these files because they were created in a "future version". Is there a tool or plug-in I could use to be able to open my SW 2007 files in SW 2006?

Thanks in advance!
-Brian

Brian,

The only way for you to utilze what you have created in sw2007 is to export all your files into a neutral format. i.e. parasolid, iges, etc. Then you will be able to import these into Solidworks once again. Then you can utilze feature works to recognize most of the features again if you care to. I'd use parasolid xb format.

good luck.
smiley32.gif

yeah, that is the way. but hardly can you get your exact feature tree back... I wish there was a better way...
smiley5.gif

Buy the 2007 student edition or wait for 2008 to come out and buy that one. I assume your probably doing projects so you want to get 2007 student edition. Another Idea is to see if you could do a remote login to the Server or another machine and make your modifications that way.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back