Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SPLIT LINES?

sunnybansal

Hello!

I have been set a task of which is to model a rectangular hook that is rigidly fixed at one and has a load at the other by means of a D shackle that is in direct contact.

I have had no issues modeling the hook from my engineering drawings but I am having some issues with the loading? I need to apply a load on a single line, actually a small area but looking through solidworks help topics the only thing that will let me do this is a split line, but once I have created it I cannot change its thickness so it is too small and was cause shearing of the pin?

So in other words, does anyone know how to apply a force in specific places on a face?

Thanks for your time...

Have you tried to offsetting your split line & then creating another split line offset the opposite way. Now you have a small surface that you can apply your load to.

it the best way to do it i would show you a pic from Cosmo of a frame loaded at x pickup points with a small suface area as you have described. But it to big in file size

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back