Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

View callout notes?

jkumpon1

I recently started with a new company that uses Solidworks. I come from a ProE background.

The company I am with as very tight drafting standards with a level of detail that dose notmake sense to me. You would think that the standards would be covered in the basic drawing format but a lot are not.

My question: Is there a way to change the default text of a view call out. An example would be a detail view comes in at:

VIEW A <--size 14 font

The drafting standards require multiple font size all bold.

Ex. size 19 font -->VIEW A <--size 24 font

Can anyone tell me how to set this up. It is only one of many things that should be default but is not.

Thanks for any help in advance,

- Jim

Jim,
I don't know of any way to do that unless somebody has a very specialized macro to correct your view callout. The regular way is going to TOOLS ---> Options-->Document properties---> Detailing ----> Annotation Font.....which will edit your default size of font size. Of course you would want to change this parameter on your template. But it would only change the whole thing to one size, not Dual sizes.
A work-around is save a "Note" which states "View A" as a block.
smiley1.gif

Ridein, Thanks for the response. They use blocks to do it now. It is just one more thing to do before turning in for check though. One more thing to forget to do before turning in for check!

I will have to learn little about macros I guess..

Thanks again..

You can edit the view call out 'manually', but it has a tendancy to move on you. You bring your drawing up and it's an inch over vs. where you left it on the last file.

Unfortunately, I just hide the actually view call out and put text in related to the view to get the look we want. And yes, it's something else you have to remember to do if view labels change, etc.

It would be a good enhancement request.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back