Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Locks Up

Noelm

One of my customers has Solidworks 2007 SP2.2 and every once ion a while and with different drawings when closing it act aas if it is locked up, this is brand new machine a IBM intellistation M Pro with 4 Gb Ram, it is strange, I look in the task manger and nothing is tacking out either the memory or processors, Anybody have any Ideas or have sean this before

A new machine may be the clue here. Make sure that Microsoft Intellipoint or any other third party mouse drivers (such as Logitech, etc.) are NOT installed. These are death to all MCAD products, and completely unnecessary. Make sure they are uninstalled (usung Add/Remove Progams), and re-install the original Windows drivers if necessary. It usually isn't necessary: they get re-installed when you uninstall the third party drivers.

My beautiful brand-new HP mobile workstation was acting weird in SolidWorks after I installed Intellipoint: bizarre graphics, crashing. Removing Intellipoint was the only fix that worked. The same thing happened on my desktop when I installed Intellipoint, as a debugging experiment.

Intellipoint and all third party mouse drivers should be damned to Hell and burned at the stake.

Are the drawings/assemblies complex? You might try the 3 GB switch if you're running the XP OS:

1. <LI>Right-click My Computer and select Properties.</LI>
    <LI>Click the Advanced tab in the System Properties box</LI>
    <LI>In the Startup and Recovery area, click Settings.</LI>
    <LI>In the System startup area, click Edit. Thisopens the Windows boot.ini file in Notepad.</LI>
    <LI>In the [Operating Systems] section, add the followingto the end of the startup line that includes the /fastdetect switch: "/3GB" (without the quotes).</LI>
    <LI>Save the changes and close.</LI>

It may or may not help... but my machine was not assquirrelly after doing this.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back