Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

scaling same drawing template

hellomoto

I have a drawing template for sheet size D. I want to use that same template for sheet size B. Is there a easy method to scaling the sheet format to a different sheet size? Or do I have to build it from scratch?

thx in advance

Usually you keep the title block all the same and just redo the borders... for both 1st and 2nd sheets. I'd look them up in ANSI Y14.5 because the formats are actually different, i.e. location indicators around the border, placement of drawing numbers, etc.

good luck
smiley32.gif

Edited by: ttraser

Hi

In SW the template for the drawings and the size, frame and the title blocks are two different files.
One is a dwt file - the template and the size frame.. is a slddrt file.
So you can have a single template file for template and many size files for each size.
You can change any time the size of your sheet - the scale and so on.
Email me for other questions.

Nucu

wow, nucu, you are totally off base. hellomotois looking to create a FORMAT for his drawings.

good luck
smiley32.gif

fi you say so ttraser so be it!
but my question for you is where in a template is kept the size?

nucu

Mechanical drawing sizes are standard for all formats A through J. Arch are + 2 inches in both directions. Sizes are as follows: A 8.5x11, B 11x17, C 17x22, D 22x34, E 34x44, J 44xUnlimited. Generally when initally starting a format, one can utilize the ones supplied by SolidWorks, however, they can also be made from scratch in a a drawing mode then saved as a format.

Good luck with all your advise.
smiley32.gif

file -new drawing
press esc on the sheet format/size dialog box
set from tools options document properies all the prop. you want
save it like a drwdot file that is the template
on the same file go in feature manager r. click on sheet ->properies
on dialog box choose one of the default sw format that you can modify according your needs or you can set a custom size
r. click on FM on sheet ->edit sheet format
modify or draw your frame, title block texts or properties from model
from file ->save sheet format that is the file that can be used to keep size and frame ...
the path for those slddrt files is set on tools-options-system options-file location-sheet formats
for the next format you want repeat operation above for the sldrt file
now you can modify anytime your format and frame from FM r.click prop on sheet

nucu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back