Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lombard and/or Tickoo?

Ken Mandu

Well, not too much info from a site search here, so please forgive yet another "best book" post. I googled and found two promising books, one by Matt Lombard and one by Sham Tickoo. Any opinions on the books by these two authors?

Also, any suggestions for other forums to visit?

After several years of being away from SW2001, I may have the chance to get a new job using SW2006, and I need badly to get myself up to speed. So any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ken

Well friends, I ordered the Tickoo book. Judging from so-called reviews and from reading sample pages, I made my decision.

Ken

For my 2 cents worth you can't go wrong with Matt's book, "Solidworks 2007 Bible". He has a vast knowledge of Solidworks and an inside track to the project managers and developers at Solidworks. He doesn't hold any punches when it comes to telling the public what's wrong with the software and he has the modeling background to back up what he writes.

Here's his blog, if anyone is interested: http://dezignstuff.com/blog/

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back