Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Savlings?

jblumka

Anyone heard of a program called Savlings? I am not sure of the proper spelling or who made the program or anything. I used to use it a while ago and now cannot find it.

It was just a simple program that let you queue up a bunch of solidworks drawings and it would convert them to DWG and print them at the same time.

If anyone has any information about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Solidworks now has their own Batch processor called Task Scheduler. It does what you are looking for. Try it, dwg/dxf/iges/step conversion, printing, etc.

Good Luck
smiley32.gif

The place I am working at is still using 2006 which doesn't have that program. Thanks for the info though.

2006 does have the scheduler. check your install. I use it all the time.
smiley32.gif

you can modify your install on your system with the disks, it will load everything that is missing...

good luck.
Edited by: ttraser

Unfortunately I have tried to use the task scheduler a few times with limited frustrating success. It'll queue up all the drawings, print maybe one, and then just sit there.

Try to run it while you are NOT in solidworks. The batch que actually starts a SW process for each process. Depending on your system size, it might not be able to handle multiple processes... Give it a try.

good luck.
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back