Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lost template

lulumara

Hi newbie, When I open new drw it display only parts template nothing else , how can I see or any botton to check to show the ass'y and drw template??? thanks for any help.I'm using SW 2003
smiley19.gif

Edited by: lulumara

dont really understand the question.

1. do you want to see the format?

2. do you want to see just the part?

3. do you want to see just an assembly?

please specify.

smiley32.gif

When I open my SW 2003 and click new /there's no other choice to pick but part template only. Supppose to be there's ass'y template,drw template.Can't figure it out where are other template to be pick when you want to use ass'y template.

Create your template. Create a new assembly with nothing in it, make sure all the settings are the way you want them and save as a template file...

also, if you have the original disks, you can click on add and remove programs, then click on solidoworks, then click on modify installation. This should reinstall your original missing templates.

smiley32.gif

Did you search your hard disk for the templates? Use Windows Search for *.slddot, *.slddrt, etc. Make sure the File Locations are correct in System Options. These frequently need to be tweaked on per-site basis.

I noticed that I don't have also title block template ,what's the name to type in for this ,is it *sldtblock???? not sure with that???
Edited by: lulumara

I went through this same problem.

I recommend that you read the help files on templates so that you can fully understand what you are dealing with. Then come back with specific questions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back