Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

solidworks setup a couple of questions

Ideas3

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me on a number of items. I'm runing through some tutorials and solidworks has started to play up.

The zoom function (using the scroll button on my mouse) only scrolls to centre of screen not to where the pointer is. I've tried turning the scroll to centre on then off but it seems to make no difference and its really becomming frustrating.

Secondly I can't turn on the view curve combs whilst I am still in the sketch for some reason? Now I'm sure that ysterday I was able to do this but today it's not working and again the manual seems to indicate that I should be able to do this?

lastly I still haven't had any response to where this elusive function of move/size features lives, any help on this would be most apprecaited as I started shouting at my computer yesterday (never a good sign) after four hours of solidworks frustration. Is this really a feature or have they put it there to cause confusion?

many thanks for any help anyone can give me on these questions.

To zoom to where your mouse is, go to 'view' on your toolbar, select 'modify', and uncheck "Zoom About Screen Center"

I don't know what curve combs are, so I can't help you there.

1. Move your mouse to where you want to zoom/rotate etc click with right mb then either rotate, roll your wheel, pull back push forward, etc.

2. click on the spline you would like to see the combs on, then right click and select Show Curvature Combs

3. Move/Size Feature. Insert, feature, scale. or Insert, feature, Move/Copy.

Good luck
smiley32.gif

Many thanks ttraser all happy now except for the the zoom issue which seems to be a hardware glitch, right click just opens up a menu and the solidworks help indicates that soem scroll wheel mice have driver issues and I'm going to try a different mouse. Thanks agains for your help.
smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back