Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with Sweep path selection

whatizhisname

Hi everyone ... i'm a newbie on sw2006.

Was wondering why I've got this error^The selected feature contains infinite geometry that cannot be swept^ when I am doing a sweep of a rectangular profile on a series of curves and arcs path?

Profile selection is okie but I can't select the path I wanted.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

B
Edited by: whatizhisname

I tried to reproduce your error, but couldn't. Could you post a picture of what the sweep path and profile looks like?

Your sketch profile need to be on a plane coincident with the start of your intended swept path. ie, if you intend to sweep your rectangular profile on multiple paths, all of the paths must begin on a plane containing the sketch profile,

let me know if this helps

Hi guys ...

Don't know if I got the selection sequence right ... I click on sweep ... select the profile and then the path right?

Profile plane and start of path are on the same plane.

Was wondering how I can attach the zipped file here ... kept getting this error msg ... pls be patient while file is being uploaded to server ... website under maintenance... website has a programming error ...my file is only about 88kbs.

Help ....
smiley18.gif

After you activate sweep icon, do you pick the other two items from the "feature Manager Design Tree"? Just a thought...

Also sometimes lines have that "infinite length check box" in the feature manager so I would search what that error message on google for "Infinite geometry"

good luck!

Here's the zipped file for you guys to take a look - www.yinshan.com.sg/Query.htm

Have surpressed everything else to reduce file size.

I did select profile first and then path.

Funny thing is I solved the problem with high light the path first, click on Sweep and then choosing the profile ????

It works that way ... why?

Thanks ...
Edited by: whatizhisname

All you need to do is to combine all the curve into single entity try this by composite curve option I believe it may work

Hooray Josho3630!!!

You did it ! Composite curves is the answer ... did the program not recognise the series of lines as the path ???

Thanks a lot !!!

You da Man!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back