Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help

mparlaktuna

Hi,
I used cadkey before and now I am trying to learn solidworks. I could not create a rib for my part, and I would like to have a little hole on the shaft. When I try to draw a hole on the shaft it says something about the surface being round. I easly draw these peices with cadkey but I am having difficulty with solid works. I think it should be easier if I knew where to look. Could you show me the right direction thanks...

You need to draw your hole on a sketch , which is on a plane. The plane is best either on the shaft surface or intersect the shaft axis.

If you use the Hole Wizard you don't need to have a plane. You create a 3-D sketch bypre-selecting your curved surface, clickingthe Hole Wizard, thenspecifying what kind of hole (tapped, screw clearance, drilled, etc.) on the "Type"tab in the FeatureManager.

Then click the "Positions" tab anddimension andconstrainyour hole. It is a3D sketch, so the constraints are not quite the same as the usual 2D sketches. You can add more holes here.

The help function is quite nice here. Start the hole wizard then click on the big "?" in the FeatureManager.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back