Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Does anyone have the Ford Logo?

RMS1

I am looking to cutthe oval Fordlogo out from a cad file, but I cannot find the right fontif anyone has it please send it to me at:

[email protected]

Or any tips on how to go about creating it, just about any CADfile extention would be good.

Thanks!

I have a Ford logo in EPS format if you can use that. What form of "cad file" specifically are you looking for? DXF?

A lot of what I have done for my company over the yearshas to do with creating logos for tooling. Most of the time I am only given a raster file (once just a business card) or an Internet link to a website or piece of letter head paper. In general, I keep a copy of Autocad 2004 around because it allows you to import raster graphics into the drawing area as an editable entity. You can make it a block, rescale x and y, and above all fade it out and then TRACE OVER IT with lines and arcs. Once I have the lines and arcs of the toolpath traced as I want them, I save it as a DXF file. It can then be given to a CNC machine for manufacture of the tools or imported into Solidworks for incorporation into the mold as a part. If I can scan it, I cantrace over it and make it intoa dxf. You can use the same technique to duplicate and restore worn out stamps and engravings.

Well I can use .dxf, .dwg but I also have solidworks too so anything that I can use either in AutoCAD or Solidworks.

If you can send me a file that would be great and thanks for the tips!!

Check your email for a DXF and DWG file, created by taking the EPS version of the Ford logo and exporting it via Adobe Illustrator.

CAVEAT

The actual ford logo was digitally recreated based on the original Ford logo, which was illustrated by hand 80-100 years ago. There is no official font that is used by Ford for that logo; you can get a knock off free font that is similar.
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/?search%5Bquick%5D= ford
http://www.hmracing2002.fsnet.co.uk/fonts.htm
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Angstboy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back