Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Section Arrows

AGaribay

I am relatively new to SW.

When working with Section Arrows, is there a way to move both arrows and text and the same time?

My frustration is that I am moving each one individually.

Usually when I create a Section View, the Section Arrow callout needs some tweaking

Thank you.

SW2006

You can set a "standard" length in Document Properties, Detailing, Arrows, Section/view size. This will establish them when they are first placed on a drawing. After that, you will have to move them if need be. After that, you have to move them one at a time...
smiley24.gif
This option does make it nice when you have only selected areas on your drawing for the arrow/letter callouts.

I often constrain the initial sketch line with a midpoint to concentric ( or to a temporary axis) relation. Then when I want to drag the line one way or another it looks symmetrical. That is all I typically need to do unless the large arrow or text is obstructing dimension clarity.

It's possible to move them separately or together, but it takes practice to master this. I don't do this too often, so when I need to use it I seem to re-learn it, then forget it again.

Moving the section arrows and section identifier text is a little twitchy in SolidWorks. Be sure to watch the cursor icon change as you hover over the arrow or text: what will move is a function of which icon appears. This also seems to be a time-sensitive effect (like double-click vs. 'slow' double-click): how long you hover and where you hover the cursor. With practice, you will get a feel for it. I'm not sure if right-clicking and using 'select other' will work here, but I kind of doubt it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back