Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sketch text for extruding

RMS1

Here is my problem, I have a typical 3D box/solid, on the front and right side the extruded text comes out correct but when I try and place some words on top the words either come out backwards or they go off in the wrong direction.

I think its because of the origin and initial x,y direction but when I try and created a new reference coordinate it still follows the original one??

any ideas?

The text direction is actually defined by the associated curve direction- it's defined by how you make the straight line; left to right vs. right to left. If you make a construction line, then double click the text, then click the construction line, the text will jump to the line and align itself to it.

There are also four buttons in the PropertyManager close to the bottom that control text direction and orientation.
Edited by: SSLaser

Thanks that did the trick!

Its like you said, I created the plane then a construction like in the direction I wanted the text to go and it followed the line direction and also started the text at the start of the line.

smiley17.gif

You can use "justification" also on the text/line combo. Now try WRAP and wrap the text around a cylinder.

good luck.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

ttraser said:
You can use "justification" also on the text/line combo. Now try WRAP and wrap the text around a cylinder.

good luck.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Ok I tried that too, I am getting the hang of it now!

Thanks

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back