Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ATI graphic problems

40rty5ive

I have experienced this problem on a number of college workstations with a ATI graphics chipset, and my own PC which has an ATI graphics card.

Sketch entities and dimensions seemingly dissapear as you move the cursor around the graphic window and reappear when you hover the cursor over them. It does not really affect any of the 3d rendered bodies, it is mostly 2D linework that is affected.I did not have this problem with my Nvidia card on SolidWorks. I am using a student version of 2006 but the workstations in the lab are lisenced if that makes a difference ( I dont know..)

Has anyone experienced similar issues and know of a fix?

I haven't had your exact problem with ATI, but occasionally my model would disappear entirely ......?.....and when I hovered over it I might see a quick preview of a HLR removed view. I found out that when I toggled the "Hide ALL" under the View drop down menu then the model was OK, at least for a little while longer. My current workstation (Nvidia) doesn't have that problem, but I still have the Hide ALL function assigned to a hotkey.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back