Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BLOCKS- Standard Box Note

AGaribay

I want to create a Standard Box Note as a Block in which the leader can come from the left or right, and in which the text within the Box Note can be modified. Is this doable?

Since I am new to SW, maybe there is a better way...?

SW2006

Any instructional videos on creating blocks?

I don't know about the left and right arrow- but you can create a block (Tools > Block > Make ) and save it for repeated use in other drawings.

As for left and right arrows- does it need to be a Block? You could usea Note(Insert > Annotations > Note) Then set your arrow using the PopertyManager. Down near the bottom, you can set a border around the text as a box, circle, triangle, etc.

To save the Annotation: In the PropertyManager at the top under Favorites, click the "add to favorites" button (the one with the green "+" over the folder). Name it. To retrieve this favorite for later retrieval, create an Annotation as usual, then in the PropertyManager under Favorites, click the pull-down and choose your named favorite. You should see your saved Annotation, box, arrow, and all.

I don't know of any tutorials, but the help files are pretty detailed: Help > SolidWorks Help Topics > Index tab > type in block (or annotation).

-Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back