Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimension Text Colors

crcs

Hi everyone, this is my first posting...

I am having trouble with my drawing sheets for one customer. He has it set to do all dims on the "DIMS" layer and in BLUE. When I dimension anything even when on that layer it always is in BLACK. Somebody PLEASE help me or give me a tip as to why I cannot change the color of new dimensions? There must be some sort of override affecting new dims.

Thank you,

Matt Cott

What version of Solidworks and service pack are you using?

Suggest you try this: with the client's drawing open, go up into the pulldown menus and access Tools, Options, System Options, Colors. Then go into the box called Color Scheme Settings (is a color scheme set? that could have something to do with it) and scroll down to see what the various color settings are for each type of dimension entity. That might give you the answers you need. Don't forget to look at the status of the boxes at the bottom "Use specified colors..."

Hope that helps

Angstboy
angry.gif

Edited by: Angstboy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back