Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tre principles of creating assembly

jeyaar

From theory there are two possibilities of creating an assembly (any product as you like). The first which I am using rightnow is the way then I start creating a model from detail and then by increasing the number of details I get the hole thing,

The question is how can I work in solidworks by creating a scetch of a hole product (assembly) after what I would become more specific creating separate details in assembly?
Many thanks in an advance!

One could easily accomplish your question by creating a single sketch or part and saving it (this would be your "skecth" or guideline). the create an assembly using that as the first part. You can then create new parts by going to INSERT, COMPONENTS, and NEW PARTS. You then select the main surface you want to work from on your "sketch" and draw the new part using it as a reference. Remember that you can also use the CONVERT ENTITIES icon to create line, arcs, etc. from the "sketch" features. for more info, email me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back