Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Textures invisible in assembly?

chrisvos

Hi,
I've got a problem with the textures I use in my model which I can't figure out. I hope someone here can perhaps give me an answer...

The problem is that my textures do not show up in my assembly on parts that I have drawn in the context of that same assembly. If I open the singe part in a separate window the texture is there and if I insert multiple instances of the same part the textures also show up.
I know I can work around this by hiding the original (in place) parts and position another (inserted) instance of the same part on the original spot but surely there must be an easier option...
The same thing happens whether I attach the texture to it's surface in the part or in the assembly.

In the attached image you can see what I mean. The three parts marked with a red dot are instances of the same part. The one in gray is the one I originally built in that place in this assembly. The ones with the woodgrain are instances that I inserted into the assembly and mated in place.

SW_texturesgone.jpg

Edited by: chrisvos

there is a difference between applying texture and color on the part in the part, or in the assembly. I'd remove all texture and color from one or the other, i.e. part. and apply it to the parts in the assembly mode.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back