Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HELP?!

schick

Ok Solidworks gurus...

I've been running Pro/E for the last few years, and now I've taken a new job running solidworks.

What's the best tools to make the transition? Any recommended books, sites, etc,?

Half scared and thankful!

Schick

Start with the online tutorials. They will take you a long way. If you havea few years of Pro under your belt, you should have no problem with SWX once you get familiar with it.

I was in the same boat as you at one timeI bought the Book Solidworks for dummies it was a big help...

Thanks guys

Hey Laser-
where are the online tutorials? I went to solidworks.com but it seemed like only the part files, nothing in terms of the "textbook" portion.

Online Tutorial: They call it "online," but it's really included with the SWX installation.

On the right side of your SWX window, you'll see a series of tabs, the top one should be a house or "home." Click that, and the Resources window will open on the right. Third option down is "Online Tutorials."

Write or PM me if you need more help.

Thanks Laser.

I was hoping to find something to get a jump on things, but you never do any real work the first day anyway. When I get in front of a station I'll take a run at it.

Thanks again!!

Schick

hi everyone

may i get the material about ProE and Solidworks tutorial ,because i need it urgently due to my project requrement,i want to learn it very fast ...help me pls

thanks much

you could take a two day or a five day class with an expert at both proe and solidworks. I found that when I learned solidworks I got to expert status much faster with an expert sitting next to me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back