Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Entering Notes on a drawing

AGaribay

Since I am new SW user I am taking instruction from my co-workers.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">What is the proper way to Enter typical notes (Notes: Unless Otherwise Specified...etc.) on a drawing? My co-workers tell me to "Edit Sheet" and than type the notes there. They say if you just start to enter the notes on the face of the drawing (with views) the notes will attach them to certain views on the drawing??? (so when you move the view, the notes will follow).
smiley29.gif
<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Is this true? Ways around this?<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Thank you.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">SW 2006

your co-workers are correct if you enter a note on the "sheet" with drawing views of a part it will be attached to a view. If you "edit sheet format" and enter the notes on the sheet format they will stay on the format (background) remember to "edit sheet" again to get back to the drawing views you have created. Also its a good idea, if your going to use the sheet format again, to save the sheet format (in the File drop down). you can alsosave the sheet template (.slddot) with the updated sheet format in it (make sure there are no views of parts on the sheet)so that next time you click New the drawing will have the new sheet format in it.

hope this helps and has not confused you.

punker

You can drop notes directly on the drawing face, even with views, and not have the notes attach to a view. The last view the pointer touches is the view the note is attached to; but if you don't want it attached to any views, just make sure the mouse pointer never crosses a view after you initiate a the command.

It is hardley to find a place for NON ATACHED notes. But you can insert a note ATACHED. After that select the box and press CTRL + X (cut ) then pick a point into the shett (with mouse ). Press CTRL + V ( paste ) and you have NOW a NON atached note.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back