Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Switching to SolidWorks...gulp~

AGaribay

I have taken a job that uses SolidWorks as it's primary CAD tool (I have been a ProE user for 10+ years).

A few questions to you users if I may...?

Does anyone have a list of Quick-Keys (ie. F = fit to screen) ?

Can you have the Datums automatically display when creating a feature?

Is there a quick-key to display your model in an Isometric View?

Can you create mapkeys (ProE Terminology).

Thank you for your help.

Yes, you can use "hotkeys" or at least combinations of keys. Type "keyboard" in the search part of SWX help for a list of the default hotkeys.
You can also attach your hotkey association by going thru the process of "customize" as if you were going to add toolbars. For instance on I show temporary axis, planes, sketches and ruler by assigning them to different "F" keys. In SWX 2007 you can easily print all of SWX and your existing hotkeys as a reminder.

Cam721,

I work for a design firm. We have been using SolidWorks for about a year and a half due to client requests. I have been on ProE for about 12 years. It's been a bit of a struggle for us. Keep posting if you have problems. I'll try to help you out. I would highly recommend using v2007. It's much better than 2006.

You can customize pretty much any key or sets of keys torun most any command that you like. I think the customizing in Solidworks rocks.

Quick-key to an Isometric view is Ctrl+7. You can change it:

Tools>Customize>Keyboard>Categories: Others>Commands: Isometric

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back