Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Animation in sub-assemblies

vanna

Hello,

There's my problem:

I'm making my assemblies in the way i make a lot of sub-asssemblies and then i insert them into one large assembly. At the end when i want to make an animation i can't move parts because they are in sub-assemblies. Is there a way to make an animation in a subassembly and then to play that animation in large assembly?

Idid that this way: i make a copy of a large assembly which I'll use only for animation. Then i have to dissolve sub-assemblies if I want to move some parts of sub-assemblies. The problem is: at dissolving sub-assemblies some over defining mates appeared! Also, when I'm making some changes, I have to make them twice: in original file and in copy!

Thanks

Edited by: vanna

Hello

The solution for your problem is flexible subassemblies. If you want to make a subassemly flexible R-cliik it in feature manager and then click Componenet Prop. On the dialog box you have the otions Solve as Flexible or Rigid. If you make the subassembly flexibleyou'll be able to move the inner components from the large assembly.

Nucu

Exactly nucu said the right answer, Flexible assembly lets the user have a control over a component in sub assembly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back