Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Sheets

Daniel85

Iam very new to Solidworks, but have worked on other 3d CAD systems such as Inventor. I have picked up all the commands and tools rather easy but do have a small problem?? Iam unsure on how to create my own drawing sheet with my companiestitle blockon it and so forth.

Can anyone possibly help??

You can import some of SW sheets and then reorganize it as you like, import your logo and so on. To make some changes on sheet formatyou have to edit it first (right click on Sheet1, then Edit Sheet Format). When you're done you have to save it (File>Save Sheet Format) and you can apply it again and again. Then you have to exit your sheet format (right click on Sheet1, then Edit Sheet). When Sheet is edited you can see your drawing, when Sheet Format is edited you can't see your drawing, only sheet format.

I hope you understand what i ment to say..

Do add to vanna's statement:

Once you have created the sheet format, and have edited a blank drawing to your liking, do a File > Save As... > on the drop down list choose "Document Template" and save it in the same location as your other templates (perhaps with a new name).

Where are your templates located? Read on...

All yourtemplates are saved in the location specified by Tools > Options > System Options tab > File Locations > Document Templates (on the pull-down).Save your template where indicated. Be sure to save in the "drawing" folder if there is one.

By doing this, when creating a new drawing, your template will be listed under the "drawing" tab, just click it an go- it will have your format already on your drawing, along with any Properties you pull in from your part (title, drawing number, rev., etc.)

At our company, we've created a series of templates for the various drawing sizes, all stored on a network location so all users are working from the same set of templates.

Just be sure torealize thatTemplatescontain the Formats your created.

Peter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back