Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks to Cutrite

Davidz

Does anyone know of a way to dump Solidworks parts ot to Cutrite opto package?
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Cutrite I assume you mean Holzma Cut Rite software that sends CNC instructions to a saw for woodworking. While I am not familiar with that program in particular,such programs typically accept input in some flavor of Autocad DXF. I do not know of a way to "dump" a 3d Solidworks part directly to a 2d DXF file that Cut Rite might find suitable but you could do what I do for 2d DXF output to CNC: create a plain Solidworks drawing with the 2D view that you need and save it in Autocad DWG format. Then quit Solidworks and use the freebie Autocad 2D dwg editor that you get with your Solidworksseat. That gives you A LOT more DXF options than Solidworks does (all the way back to Acad ver 2.5 in ASCII and Binary DXF)and set your Origin 0,0 where you need it to be and clean up anything that needs editing. You may have to altersome lines because this is now your tool path. Then save it in DXF format. Try Acad ver 12 ASCII DXF format first, that one works most of the time for me. Hope that helps! :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back