Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

smart component and save

Trulyshy

<DIV =wordwrap>I've been working with smart components for some time now and seem to have them working except for one problem.

When going to save the assembly in which I have now used the smart component, I get the message that the component is being referenced by another model (of course it is, since I have it in multiply assemblies) and if I would like to save as a copy.I cancel this and continue with the save.I than get another message wanting for me to save the smart component.

These save messages are slowly but surely getting to be annoying.Sometimes I have 4-5 different smart components in one assembly and I have to cancel/no/cancel no and so on to finally be able to save my assembly.

Two of the many smart components I work with, do not ask me this... I must have done something different.But, I can't figure out why I'm not having the problem with these two.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know what I have to do to make this stop?? Is this normal???

Any help will be very highly appreciated!!

Christine </DIV>

I seem to have solved my own problem

Under properties (rmb, properties) the parts were set to read-only. Once I cleared this, I don't seem to be having the problem anymore.

C

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back