Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pack -N- Go

cherisef

Good Morning,

I am trying send a copy of a assembly to customer. I would like to have the constraints still in place when they open the file like a Inventor "Pack N Go." Is there a way to do this in Solidworks 2005? When I make a step file all the parts are in the assembly but they have no constraints so that doesn't work for me. Thanks for any help!

Cherise

You are working with Solidworks and so is your customer, the model could be used.

You also can use eDrawings.

I ended up just making a full copy using Solidworks explorer. This works but boy do I wish I had the 2007 Pack N' Go feature would have been faster and easier.

Hello Cherise,

I use Solidworks 2007 explorer next to Solidworks 2006 and it works great. I think that it also could work next to Solidworks 2005. You can download Solidworks 2007 explorer for free from the website www.soldiworks.com

With regards,

Joop

I'm having the same problem - I have to burn my assemby with containing parts to a cd. I could copy a folder with all containing parts and assemblies, but there is always a possibility that some part is placed in another folder...

eDrawings is not what I'm looking for!

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back