Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensioning diameter

ParadiseIsle

I'm a total noobe. I've drawn a tube and now I want to dimension the ID and OD of the tube using a linear style dimension. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the ID and OD dimensions to appear in the same plane (front). They are at some skewy angle to each other making it difficult to make changes to them. The ID is dimensioned in the front plan, and the OD refuses to co-operate. Any suggestions?

Right click on the dimension > Properties > Check the "Display as Linear Dimension" Box and the "In plane through axis" box > OK.

The dimension is now locked in a horizontal or vertical direction through the axis.

Again, right click the dimension > Properties > Uncheck the "In plane through axis box" > OK.

You should now be able to drag the dimension horizontally or vertically.

Peter

Ahh! Nevermind- I discovered autodimension!

Thanks for your help. I have one more question- is there anyway to display all dimensions that are editable? (i.e. I guess they are called "model dimensions" as opposed to "reference dimensions") I have been clicking around for hours trying to figure out why I can't edit the dimensions. Then finally I find one that I can edit, and changing it changes everything, even though they should be mutually exclusive!

Edited by: ParadiseIsle

Hi
You can change the color of the driven dimension from Tools->Options->System options->Color menu, so you can see these dimensions very quickly

Nucu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back