Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Silly acting drop down menu for Printing

55gmc

I am using Solidworks 2005 and have the oddest thing going on with the drop-down menu (File). I have a drawing open / active and go to File to activate menu and the only thing showing in the list having to do with printing is Page Setup.

When I go down to the bottom of drop-down and pick Customize Menu, the box's in front of Print Preview & Print are NOT checked ...... I check them and click somewhere to exit changes. Pooff .... go back and activate Drop-down and neither of the "added" functions are there.

Playing around, I noticed the Save All box wasnt checked and checked it and revisited menu ....... there is the Save All added correctly.

What gives anyone ???????????

I thought I might have had an indication of the problem when I called up different borders - I thought one of them allowed changes to printer / paper size / etc and tried to find that one, but all seem to be acting the same now.

I am confused -------- HELP & thanks to all who offer assistance

Have you tried clicking somewhere in menu area where there isn't a toolbar so you can go to "customize Menu", as if you wanted to add a toolbar or icon button? This will enable you to check off the option which may work, its called something like "show all", which should activate all menu options in the dropdown or context menus.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back