Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dragging Lines

jayT

Hi there, I have a problem with my Solidworks setup at work. At university I used to be able to make a sketch, then drag the points and lines to manipulate its shape. For some reason when I click, hold and drag a point, it does nothing, and when I try to drag a line, it detaches itself from the lines it was attached and moves it independantly.

ie. Once a line is drawn, you cannot adjust its length, except when you add dimension constraints. You cant just drag it to increase its length, or change its angle

I've spent the last couple of days searching through the settings, and I still havent managed to sort it. It is really annoying!

There has to be a really simple answer for this but I just cant find it. Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,
Jonny

Jonny, is this SW2007?

I don't have that problem, but just for grins, select the endpoint of one of these lines and tell me what kind ofexisting relationsyou have for it. There should be nothing in the box unless you have sketched over something else and it has been attached to that object.

Steve

Jonny<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

This happens because you might have falsely clicked a option in Sketch setting. To remove thatfirst get into sketcher mode then go to Tool\Sketch setting\ deattach segment on drag. This will resolve the issue

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back